LatestTop NewsWorld

‘World will get some good news in next few hours’

‘World will get some good news in next few hours’
“World no longer has to fear or worry about an Iranian nuclear weapon”

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has said that the world will get some ‘good news’ in next few hours as announcement was possible later Sunday on a deal with Iran.

Speaking to the reporters, Rubio said, “I do think perhaps there is the possibility that in the next few hours the world will get some good news.”

The US official said the emerging deal would address US President Donald Trump´s concerns on the Strait of Hormuz, which Iran has largely blocked in response to the US-Israeli attack.

The agreement would also start a “process that can ultimately leave us where the president wants us to be, and that is a world that no longer has to fear or worry about an Iranian nuclear weapon”, he added.

As per the AFP, Marco Rubio remarks came after Trump said a proposal that included opening the Strait of Hormuz had been “largely negotiated”.

“An Agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform on Saturday.

Rubio said the United States also aimed to “significantly reduce” Iran´s ability to fire ballistic missiles and to “do damage to the defence-industrial base” of the country.

“Those were the objectives of Epic Fury. Those objectives were achieved,” Rubio said.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button