EntertainmentLatest

Kanye West’s New Orleans concert: Jewish leaders not calling for cancellation

Kanye West’s New Orleans concert: Jewish leaders not calling for cancellation
Kanye West’s New Orleans concert: Jewish leaders not calling for cancellation

Kanye West’s past toxic rhetoric, especially against the Jewish community, often sparks calls from them to axe his concert.

But not this time.

Ahead of the New Orleans show at Caesars Superdome on Aug 28 — where Ye is set to perform — concerns remain among the city’s Jewish community.

And they say their fears have not been unwarranted.

According to the watchdog Anti-Defamation League, Ye has an infamous history of directing and delivering several remarks that are called anti-semitic.

Then, last year, West dropped a song titled “Heil Hitler.”

It shocked many at the time, and now as the Grammy-winning rapper is set to perform, Aaron Bloch has expressed concern.

He directs the Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans.

“Kanye West has spent years testing the water with antisemitic comments, but last year he crossed a clear line when released a song praising Hitler,” he said.

But regardless of anti-semitic outbursts, Jewish community leaders are calling for his concert to be scrapped.

Instead, they said they are working to make sure West’s concert in the Superdome remains a music show, not a platform for hate.

“Our intent was never to have this concert canceled. It was to ensure the Superdome was not used as a staging ground or platform for hate,” Bloch said.

This comes after West, on multiple occasions, tendered an apology to the Jewish community over past shocking behavior, blaming it on his mental health challenges.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button