EntertainmentLatest

Kevin Durant addresses burner account speculation after alleged leaked chats go viral

The screenshots of the chats appear to show direct messages from the account taking digs at Durant’s teammates

Kevin Durant has addressed speculation linking him to a social media burner account, declining to confirm or deny claims while insisting his focus remains on the Houston Rockets’ NBA campaign.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday following practice, the Rockets All-Star forward was asked about suggestions that a private X account, @gethigher77, might belong to him. The account, created in August 2021 with 75 followers and 75 following, recently went private after screenshots circulated online during the All-Star break.

“I know you’ve got to ask these questions, but I’m not here to get into Twitter nonsense,” Durant said. “I’m just here to focus on the season, keep it pushing, but I get why you have to ask those questions.”

When asked whether he had discussed the matter with teammates, he added,“My teammates know what it is. We’ve been locked in the whole season. We enjoyed our break. We had a great practice today, and we look forward to the road trip.”

The screenshots appear to show direct messages from the account criticising teammates, including All-Star centre Alperen Şengün and forward Jabari Smith Jr. 

There is no direct evidence linking Durant to the account, and any connection remains unverified internet speculation.

Durant has previously acknowledged using burner accounts. In a 2019 interview, he said, “I wasn’t used to that amount of attention from playing basketball. I wanted a place where I could talk to my friends without anybody butting in on my conversations or mixing my words or taking everything out of context because I enjoyed that place.”



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button