
LONDON: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the younger brother of King Charles III, has reportedly been taken into custody over allegations of misconduct in public office.
According to reports, Andrew — formally known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor — is accused of providing confidential government documents to disgraced American financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Investigators from Thames Valley Police detained him on Thursday for questioning in connection with the allegations.
Earlier this month, police confirmed they were examining claims that Andrew, during his tenure as a trade envoy, may have shared sensitive official documents with Epstein.
Andrew has previously denied any involvement in illegal activities related to Epstein and has expressed regret over their association.
However, following the recent release of millions of pages of documents by US authorities, he has not issued further comment.
The reported detention marks the first time a senior member of the British royal family has faced arrest under such allegations.
In a statement, King Charles III said the reports concerning Andrew were “a matter of deep concern,” adding that authorities would have the full support of the royal family and that “the law must take its course.”
He further stated that it would be inappropriate to comment further while legal proceedings are ongoing.
Buckingham Palace has previously said it would fully cooperate with any police investigation and reiterated concerns regarding the allegations surrounding Prince Andrew’s conduct.
The case has intensified scrutiny following the release of more than three million pages of documents linked to Jeffrey Epstein, which allegedly referenced official reports from overseas visits in 2010 to Vietnam, Singapore, and other countries.f


